Thursday, December 24, 2015
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Thursday, October 22, 2015
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
First Halloween tag of the year. I covered a plain tag with burlap and then sprayed it with black soot ink once dried I used a layering stencil and embossing paste to make the background. When the paste was dried I then colored the raised words with spiced marmalade, seedless preserves and twisted citron. I then used one of the labels from the label dies set and the sized oval to make a frame. The bat was cut from the new Hocus Pocus die out of canvas and then sprayed with seedless preserves distress spray ink. I sponged embossing ink onto the frame and sprinkled with black soot embossing powder and heat set it. Also used was Tim Holtz mini Halloween 2 stamp set and crackle accents to fill in the frame area.
Sunday, August 23, 2015
For this tag I didn't want to use the "found relatives" cards from Tim Holtz because I wanted to make it a little more personalized by using an actual relative. So I dug through some pictures and came across this one of my Grandpa's brother from WWII. I had a lot of fun making this tag with all of the different layers and mediums and happy with how it turned out.
Saturday, July 4, 2015
Sunday, June 7, 2015
My mom and I are big Cincinnati Reds fans so for Mother's day I surprised her with tickets to a Red's game and made a card to go with them. I went searching on the internet for a Reds image came across the one with "C". I then took the image and formated it in SureCutsALot so I could use my Cricut to cut it out with. I couldn't find the right shade of red dot paper and then I remembered the Merriment paper stack from Tim Holtz had one in it and it worked out perfectly. I really love how it turned out and so did my mom. I also used the Sizzix scallop circle die and baseball paper from Paperstudio (Hobby Lobby)
Friday, May 29, 2015
I am happy with how this tag turned out. I didn't have the Photobooth images, the tiny tattered florals die, or the small talk stickers so I dug into my stash and used what I had. I went rummaging through some of my grandma's old photographs and found the perfect image. I used 3 different colors of distress markers to color the photo with. For the flowers I used the Tattered Flower Garland die from Tim Holtz and stacked some of the flowers together to make them 3-d. I also didn't have the ephemera pack so I just cut images out of some of Tim's paper stacks.
Sunday, March 29, 2015
I tried using the colors Tim used on his tag this month but my mixing didn't turn out so well so I decided to try again using some different colors. For this tag I used the following distress paint colors: iced spruce, evergreen bough, bundled sage, pumice stone, tumbled glass and cracked pistachio (which I love.) I am happy with how this tag turned out I think the colors blended together perfectly.